A STRAIN GAGE TRANSDUCER IS THE MOST ACCURATE MEANS OF MEASURING FORCE, TORQUE, LOAD AND PRESSURE. SIMPLY PUT, A TRANSDUCER IS AN EFFECTIVE WAY OF CONVERTING MECHANICAL STRAIN INTO ELECTRICAL VALUES. OUR TRANSDUCERS CAN BE INTEGRATED INTO YOUR COMPONENT OR ASSEMBLY DURING ANY STAGE OF THE PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE.
Utilizing a HITEC designed and manufactured custom strain gage-based transducer, provides freedom by eliminating the need to adapt standard off-the-shelf transducers.
We start with an in depth face-to-face discussions to understand measurement requirements. We then produce transducer specifications, mechanical design and electrical documentation. The design is reviewed and customer approved. A small run of prototypes are tested before a full production run. We can produce any custom transducer in various quantities, from one to over 100,000.
All transducers are delivered after final health checks including bridge resistance, shunt reading, insulation resistance and zero balance values at a minimum. Communication with engineering and our customer service teams support your needs utilizing most traditional scheduling systems such as Kanban for just-in-time delivery.
THE WHOLE PACKAGE
- A staff of engineers with years of experience in custom design transducers
- Complete mechanical design, electrical design capabilities
- FEA analysis for stress pattern prediction
- A wide variety of strain gage types including resistive, high output and semiconductor strain gages
- Complete design and manufacturing of all components including component flexure, custom electrical pc board, chip based amplifiers, telemetry systems, all miscellaneous components such as housings, flexible circuits, cables, cable strain relief, and connectors for a turn-key transducer assembly
- Temperature compensation per specification
- Environmental protection and pc board conformal coating
- Force calibration in tension and compression
- Torque calibration
- Wide variety of outputs including analog and digital signals of your choice
- Higher level assembly with transducer integration capabilities
- US based manufacturing and off-shore manufacturing options
- Quality ISO 90001-2008